- The interfacial structure of omega precipitate was solved by a
combination of atomic resolution imaging and first principles theory.
Paper submitted to Acta Mater., under review.
- The new environmental Hitachi H9500 TEM is installed and up runing.
The microscope is equipped with a Gatan K2-IS camera capable for
direct electron detection at 1200 frames per second
- Aram Yoon, Yu-Tsun Shao, and Piyush Vivek Deshpande joint the
research group in Fall, 2013
- Yifei Meng and Honggyu Kim receive the Presidential Scholarship
Award from Microscopy Society of America (MSA) and present their
award winning research in the MSA annual meeting 2013
- Jian Min Zuo was elected as Fellow of American Physical Society,
- Hyuk Park joins the group to work on the development of dynamical
- A new method for atomic resolution strain mapping using template
matching is published in Ultramicroscopy
- Jian-Min Zuo gave lectures on electron diffraction at ASU winter
workshop, advanced electron microscopy workshop held at University of
Texas, San Antonio and CNPEM, Campinas, Brazil
Professor Jian-Min Zuo Research Group
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign